Saturday, March 5, 2016

January & February

Because sometimes, you just need to wear a bow tie to first grade!
I posted this before, but I love his smiley old-man face for the 100th day of school!
Bella getting her badges at the mid-year ceremony for AHG.
The Children's Museum never gets old for us, especially the new Pirates and Princesses exhibit. Bella was all pirate!
The hat. The face. She never ceases to crack me up.

She loved this as she is obsessed with "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Captain Ryan steers his ship.

With his pirate face. Aargh!
The kids love this photo app on my iPad and I frequently see these weird/funny/creepy photos show up in my photo feed.

MLK Day! Which is basically an excuse to be off school and go explore a new place! This is Recreation Unlimited - it's a showroom for basketball hoops, trampolines, play houses, sand boxes, gazebos, etc., but kids can play on everything. And they have comfy chairs and magazines all over the place for us moms. It was a great time for all three of us!
Trampoline AND basketball hoop! Does it get any better?

Yep! Train tables like this! There were a few smaller ones around the place as well.

Swings are always fun. I took a slow motion video of them swinging that was fun to watch.
And some days, you're just too tired for school...
Bella visited her old AHG troop, which gave me and Ryan some much-loved time together. Starbucks for warm chocolate and hot coffee!
Valentine's Day Dance. I LOVE this picture. Ryan didn't want to dance with me because he was too busy busting a move on his own. I'll put the video up on YouTube soon.

Valentine's Day Lego kits from Daddy!

Bella's new hat. It's totally her.

We play a lot of games at night. This one helps Daddy with his detective skills, and teaches the kids to be gracious winners and losers (we're still working on that one).
President's Day! We had gotten a whopping two inches of snow, but Bella had been so bummed about not being able to sled that we headed out.

This place had outdoor exercise equipment that we all had a blast playing on.

But it wears a kid out! I sat on the couch with this cutie in my lap until my arm fell asleep! And then I moved and held him some more. Love every minute of it.

And some days you just need footie jammies and your puppy.
Every afternoon the secretary "draws" mustaches on Ryan (she keeps the cap on but he doesn't know that). They always "blow off" in the wind when we get outside. One Friday he asked for a "sticky" mustache, so I let him have one.
And of course Bella wanted one too. In bright green. That almost didn't come off...
The local mall hosted their first annual outdoor "Winter Bash"...when the weather was in the 60's...in February. They went ahead with it, so we visited in short sleeves and soaked up the sunshine.
Hot chocolate with toasted marshmallow fluff and a graham cracker!

This is so Bella. A foot-long s'more. They made their own marshmallows, rolled them in chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, then blasted them with a blow torch. It was awesome.

Bella chose to play in the fake snow while Ryan was the crossing gate for the ride-on train.
I had to get one last picture of this cute little smile and I did it just in time. Two days later...

His front tooth was gone, and two days after that, he lost a bottom tooth. My little snaggle puss!
Stay tuned for more adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment