Friday, September 4, 2015

August

August! We had two weeks before school began, and we squeezed every bit of summery goodness out of them! First, we had a camp fire.

We bought some light-up balloons at the beginning of summer and we finally got a chance to enjoy them!


Bella and her stuffed animals are watching a movie.

This kid and his crazy hair. This is what I see when he comes in to ask, "Mom? Can I watch a movie/play XBox/have some screen time/have something to eat?"

The two of them sharing my office chair in order to watch something on my tablet.
State Fair! We have to do some of the same things every year. Here are a few highlights...
Every.single.year. They love this and I think it was Bella's last year to participate (although we didn't tell her that). And here are some pictures from the past
2014

2012

And here's how they looked in 2011!
Can't skip feeding the goats!

Ryan was particularly excited to get in this car...

And every year we visit the calves. This picture reminds me of one of my favorite ones of my Little Man...

Bella was laughing because the calf kept licking her leg.
And every year we all ride the Mousetrap.
This year the kids were tall enough for bumper cars. Someone had to stay and take pictures...
Football evaluations! Ryan is on the "Tigers" and will play every position by the time the season is over.

And then he hung his head out the window like a dog on the way home.
The last day of summer break dawned bright. What did the kids want to do? Visit The Children's Museum, of course! So, for the 2,957th time since we've been members, we went.
It was the last weekend for the HotWheels exhibit, and I love that they built this box to look like a HotWheels toy!


Bella examined rocks while Ryan dug in the mulch pile.

Celebrating our pit crew victory.
First day of school!! Just to compare this year with last...



I found these while I was cleaning out some things in the loft. Bella actually wore those shoes, and I think I have a picture somewhere of Ryan in that onesie. The dollar is there just for size comparison.
They just opened up a Cabela's near here, so the kids and I stopped in on their grand opening weekend.
Ryan driving a boat in his dreams.

Bella practicing her casting.

I love the fake boat they use!
Both kids took turns with a bow and arrow.


You can't really see the kids' arrows, but we are safe from fake animals!
Both kids shoot a BB gun. Bella was ready to go in the store and buy one!

Bella put her stuffed animals in a shoe box, tied them to her bike, and took them for a ride. It was hilarious to watch.
Football practice! Can't wait for the first game on September 12th!

This is "Chalk Talk" where they have devotion time. Coach Mann is on the right in the green shirt.
Bella and I had an opportunity to run the FoamGlow 5K. We walked/jogged it. Well, most of it. We took a short cut that divided the race in half!
Gettin' our glow on!

At the starting line under the black lights.

At various points of the course, we got blasted with foam.

Bella at the "after party."


These were some people from our church that we went with.



No comments:

Post a Comment